Translate

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Welcome

Hi Folks,

Welcome to my blog.
 I have been talking about doing this for a few years now. I have been wanting to write articles and things regarding hair (and occasionally other aspects of beauty and fashion), to help my clients take better care of thier locks and make better informed decisions. My regular clients can tell you, sitting in my chair is definately educational, my ladies and gentlemen are some of the best educated consumers around.

So, I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Lynn and I am a Diva Hairgoddess of Humility, or to put it simply, I am a hairstylist. I work in a salon in San Jose, Ca. I have been doing hair for 20 years. I have studied extensively over the years. I attend at least one hair show a year and at least one advanced hair class a year. I really believe there is always something new to learn. I am especially fascinated with the science of hair, ask me a question about your hair and you will probably get a chemistry lesson. I also worked for Redken (2001-2009) as an educator and performing artist. I am a certified Redken colorist.
My latest obsession has been vintage hairstyling and studying hairstyling from ancient times to the present. Fashion throughout history has always been an interest and lately the blogs I follow are either hair related, vintage fashion related, or historical clothing.
the advantages to an educated client. 1. the better I educate my client on her hair, the better she will take care of her hair. The better she takes care of it, the better it looks and behaves, which not only promotes loyalty, but will bring me more referals because when someone needs a new stylist they are going to ask someone with fabulous hair. 2.An educated consumer makes wiser decisions.

Wanting to do a blog stemmed from the constant e-mails I get with questions about hair and beauty. Years ago I started getting emails from friends and aqauintances with questions about thier hair. These were folks that lived all over the country (and obviously unable to get thier hair done by me). A lot of them were concerned that the stylists they were seeing were not givng good advice, or wanted to know how to find a good stylist, or how to fix a bad color job. Some wanted home hair care tips. Some were just curious about how hair works. So I figured why not share some advice and knowledge with whoever might be interested.

This blog is not meant as a do-it-yourself manual. While I may do at some point an article on which services you can do yourself and which ones you should ALWAYS leave in the hands of a professional, and the pros and cons of various salon services versus do it yourself, the blog is more about well everything: from how to explain what you want in the stylist chair, to how to properly shampoo your hair, to fun history of hair, to products, etc, etc. And while I am gearing this blog more toward civilians (non-hairdressers) than professionals, there will also be stuff posted that other hairdressers may enjoy too. And occasionally some do it yourself styling.

Enjoy

Lynn

2 comments:

  1. hi Lynn,

    Thanks for the comment on my site. If you ever want to do a guest post on creating a vintage hairstyle I'd be happy to post it on vintagedancer (makes great for traffic back to you.)

    Cheers,

    Debbie

    PS. I grew up in Los Altos. Say hi to San Jose for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie. I have been sooo lagging getting this off the ground. Once I get this together again I would love to do a guest post.

      Will give the bay a big wave for you.

      Lynn

      Delete